Scala-EV Terms & Conditions
PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
The Scala EV website (the "Website") and the Scala EV mobile application (the "Application") (together, the "Scala EV Platforms") are operated by Scala Smart Energy Ltd. ("we" or "us" or "our"), registered in the State of Israel with company registration number 514763465 and our registered office is at 86 Harimon Street, Nave Yamin, Israel 4492000.
We respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your private information.
In this Policy, we explain what information we collect, how we use it and your rights relating to it.
Creating an account with us and/or using our Services as available on Scala EV Platforms, means that you have read and agreed to this Privacy & Cookies Policy and to our Terms & Conditions . If you do not agree to any of the terms on this Privacy & Cookies Policy, please immediately stop using any Scala EV Platforms.
Unless they have been otherwise defined here, capitalized terms and expressions in this Privacy & Cookies Policy will have the same meaning as ascribed to them in our Terms & Conditions
- YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO SUPPLY US WITH INFORMATION
According to law, you have no obligation to supply us with information and the providing of information is dependent on your goodwill and your agreement, but without the information, it will not be possible to receive some or all of the services generally available on the Scala EV Platforms (the "Services").
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
we collect the following information, in the following ways:
- Personal information during sign up to the Services, during use of the Services and during customer service inquiries –
The Personal information that you provide us during sign up, during your use of the Services and when you contact us. This includes your name (first and last), your postal and residential address, your contact information (e-mail address, telephone number and similar data), and password and password hints and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Also, any time you use the Application, we collect your location data. This information is not stored.
- Personal information collected through your use of the Service –
- The details of your use of third party applications that interoperate with the Service.
- Certain technical data, which may include URL information; online identifiers including cookie data and IP addresses; information about the types of devices you are using such as unique device IDs, network connection type (e.g. wifi, 3G, LTE, Bluetooth), provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, operating system and crash reports.
- Personal Information collected from third party sources –
- We work with technical service partners that provide us with certain data, such as mapping IP addresses to non-precise location data (e.g., city, state), to enable us to provide the Service.
- We may receive data from our payment partners to enable us to send you invoices, process your payment, and provide you with the Services.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Here is why we collect and process Personal information:
- To provide you with the Service, according to our Terms & Conditions
- To provide you with support services, to assist you with your requests, and to communicate with you concerning the Services.
- To diagnose and fix issues with the Service.
- To process your payments.
- To comply with legal obligations and law enforcement requests.
- To take appropriate action concerning reports of intellectual property infringement or inappropriate content.
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- To detect fraudulent behavior.
We may use statistical and anonymized (never linked to you) data, as collected from users of the Service, in any way we deem fit and at our sole discretion.
- HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any time you use the Application, we collect your location data. This information is not stored.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH, AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES
Personal information we may share:
- If you use third-party programs that interoperate with the Service, you acknowledge that we may allow the providers of such third-party programs to access such information as required for the interoperation and support of such third party programs.
- We provide access to information to our employees, who operate under a comprehensive obligation of confidentiality.
- We work with service providers which may need access to certain personal information to provide their services to us. These service providers may include those hired to provide customer service, customer support, operate the technical infrastructure required to provide the Service, provide email and server storage services, assist in protecting and securing our systems and services, provide statistical services, and cooperate with us for purposes of research and enhancement of the Service.
- We will share your personal information with our payment processors as necessary to enable them to process your payments, and for anti-fraud purposes.
- We will share your personal information with our charge points hardware manufacturers or distributors, as necessary to investigate hardware failures we are unable to resolve ourselves.
- We share your personal information when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process. We also share your personal information where we in good faith believe that it is necessary for our own, or a third party’s legitimate interest relating to national security, law enforcement, litigation, a criminal investigation, protecting the safety of any person, or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
- Cookies and similar technologies are computerized files which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s device, and they allow for optimal user experience, by allowing, for example, efficient navigation between pages and recalling user preferences.
- There are a few types of cookies. The main types are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies – these cookies expire once the web browser is closed. Persistent cookies – these cookies stay on the device for a set period or until they are deleted by the user.
- Cookies can be of a first-party or a third-party. In the instance of the Services, first-party cookies are cookies we (ourselves or by a third party at our request) set when you are using the Scala EV Website (Cookies may also exist within the Application when a browser is needed to view certain content or display an ad within the Application). Third-party cookies are cookies that are set through the Website, by a party other than us.
- Different cookies are used for different purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that must be present for the Service to provide the basic functions of the Service. They are essential to be able to access features of the Service and could include signing in, e-billing, and user navigating back and forth between pages without losing previous actions from the same session. We use these cookies to allow us to operate the Service as you have requested.
- Performance cookies are cookies used specifically to gather statistical data on how a Website is performing, on how visitors use the Website, which pages of the Website are visited most often, or if users get error messages on the web pages. Cookies may also exist within the Application when a browser is needed to view certain content or display an ad within the Application. These cookies monitor only the performance of the site as the user interacts with it. These cookies don’t collect identifiable information on users, and all the data collected is anonymous and we only use it to continually improve the functionality of the Website and the Service.
- Functionality cookies allow websites to remember the user’s site preferences and choices they make on the site including username, region, and language. This allows the Website to operate the Service according to the user's preferences. These cookies remember choices a user makes to improve his experience. They are anonymous and don’t track browsing activity across other websites. We use functionality cookies to provide you the Services you request while remembering your preferences to boost your user experience and provide you with enhanced, more personal features, on the Scala EV Platforms.
- How you can manage your cookie preferences:
Please take note that deleting or disabling cookies may have an adverse effect on your user experience on the Service.
- Mobile Identifiers – on your mobile device, your operating system may provide you with additional options to change or reset your mobile identifiers.
- We take information security very seriously. We keep the information on a database registered in Israel under the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981 and it is protected and secured at all times by taking the necessary means for protection as required by law. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal information; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. Transmission of personal information to and from the Scala EV Platforms is at your own risk. You should only access our Services within a secure environment.
- Your password protects your user account. You are strongly encouraged to use a strong password, unique to your account, never share your password with others, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Service.
- SECURITY EVENTS
We report information security events to the competent authority and act according to its instructions.
- OPTING OUT OF EMAIL MARKETING
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us at [email protected] You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
You can also opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Scala EV Platforms.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
- Updating your preferences by clicking the links in any marketing emails or newsletter you receive from us.
- CONTACTING OUR PRIVACY OFFICER
We respect your privacy and honor the law, so we have appointed a Privacy Officer with whom you can make contact with this [email protected] email in any case in which you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person in the course of using the Service, or if you have any questions about your privacy, your rights, or how to exercise them.
Our privacy officer will receive your complaints and will investigate them.
If you have concerns about our processing of your Personal information, please continue to work with us to resolve them. However, you can also contact and have the right to file a complaint with the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority.